SYNTHESIS: a Language for Canonical Information Modeling and Mediator Definition for Problem Solving in Heterogeneous Information Resource Environments.
|Author(s): || Kalinichenko L.A., Stupnikov S.A., Martynov D.O.
|Published:||Moscow: IPI RAN, 2007. - 171 p.
| Description of the SYNTHESIS language intended for canonical information modeling and
mediator definition for problem solving in application-driven distributed heterogeneous
information environment is presented. The SYNTHESIS is a multipurpose language that
is oriented on the following basic kinds of application:
- serving as a kernel of the canonical information model;
- providing facilities for unifying representation of heterogeneous
information models of different kinds (of data, services, processes, ontologies);
- providing sufficient modeling facilities for formalized
definitions of mediators for various subject domains;
- supporting mediation-based design of information systems;
- providing modeling facilities for mediator and resource
specifications for the mediation architecture;
- serving for semantic reconciliation of the mediator and resource
specifications to form compositions of resources refining mediator specifications;
- serving as an interface for users during problem formulation
and solving in various applications.
[ Adobe PDF ]