|Description of the SYNTHESIS language intended for the specification,
design and programming of the heterogeneous interoperable information resource
environments is presented.
The SYNTHESIS is a multipurpose language that is intended for the following
basic kinds of applications:
- forming of the unified (canonical) specifications and representations
of the heterogeneous resources (multibases of data, knowledge and programs)
having in mind their interoperable reuse for the application problem solving;
- development of the formalized descriptions of the application domains;
- conceptual design of the information systems;
- development of the information systems on the basis of pre-existing
- development of the techniques for semantic reconciliation and adaptation
of the resources to form their necessary compositions supporting the problem
The language has been developed in frame of the SYNTHESIS project that
is focused on research and development of the heterogeneous interoperable
information resource environments.